Generic Info:

My photo
Jasper, Indiana, United States
OK, I really despise these bio things. I'm a pretty open person but I don't prattle well with no aim of direction. If you want to know something about me there are plenty of ways to get in contact with me listed here; so just ask.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Music to Walk by:

I've been trying to help my mom pick out music for the Luminaria ceremony during Relay for Life. She wants three songs, one for each element of this year's theme: Celebrate, Remember, Fight Back. Here are a few of our ideas so far:

Luminaria/Candles/Flames:
"Meaning" -- Gavin Degraw
"You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)" -- Josh Groban
"Keep the Candle Burning" -- Point of Grace
"Candle on the Water" -- Helen Reddy
"Go Light Your World" -- Amy Grant

Celebrate:
"Little Wonders" -- Rob Thomas
"This is My Now" -- Jordan Sparks
"Celebrate Me Home" -- Ruben Studdard
"I Run for Life" -- Melissa Ethridge (Written for Race for the Cure, but still beautiful)
"Right Now" -- Van Halen
"Celebration" -- Kool & the Gang (Kylie Minogue did a cover of this if you want something a little different)

Remember:
"Seasons of Love" -- RENT Soundtrack
"If Everyone Cared" -- Nickelback
"There's a Hole in the World" -- Eagles

Fight Back:
"Win" - Brian McKnight
"I'm Gonna Win" -- Foreigner
"Beat It" -- Fall Out Boy (their cover is better than Michael Jackson's original)
"You Gotta Be" -- Des'Ree
"We're Not Gonna Take It" -- Twisted Sister

Does anyone else have suggestions we can add to the list?

No comments:

Things About Which I've Been Posting:

VerveEarth